Friday, November 6, 2009

My Poems - Image Poem

The butterflies in my stomach tell me that finally the moment has come.
I look in the mirror for the last time, everything must be perfect.
I'm ready to walk along that cold dark corridor.
I hear the metallic sounds of the ornaments in my odalisque costume.
My heart beats faster and faster as I approach the stage.
I close my eyes for a while and take a deep breath.
Suddenly, I open my eyes and see an audience clapping their hands.
I can see joy in their eyes and broad smiles spread over their faces.
I smile back at them really satisfied.
Finally the moment has come; an oriental melody starts playing
And the butterflies in my stomach disappear.




In this picture: My sister, Alejandra.

1 comment:

Janeth Massi said...

Good writing Anto!
Congrats!
(and to Ale too!)